Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ngie in Taiwan


My third week in Taiwan has already started and now I am starting my blog :D

Just don't get a wrong idea. It is not like I am starting this late because of my laziness. I didn't bring my laptop so I needed some time to get used to this Taiwanese computer. Since I got here, they provided me two computers. One in the room and the other one in the office. When I use the one in the office, I have to be extra careful. Otherwise, it will just be turned off without a warning and blow all my works.-_- Zhi Xiang at the same office promised me to find another one by end of this week -u-* and I let you know that this computer has just rebooted again-9th time of the day. 

Let me introduce a bit of myself and a bit of my life here.

I'm Angela, a Korean from New Zealand. I came to Taiwan on 13th of Dec. Patty(Pei Jung Tsui) is my TN manager and on the day I arrived here, she and Ivory came to pick me up. 


Patty,Ivory and Me


I am living at Jiuqiong(Jiuchong) Hu in Shinpu township in Hsinchu county. Only two days ago, I had a roommate called Connie from Malaysia but she had gone back to her country so now there is no one who speaks English in this house. No, I was wrong. Here are at least two people who can speak broken English that is much better than my Chinese.

I wake up at 8.30 am, have breakfast at 8.50 am and start working at 9am til 6pm.
During working hours, I design some mascot charaters for this village and translate some English articles into Korean. I teach English to Zhi Xiang, the other Taiwanese worker, for an hour, write blogs and sometimes join to community activities and take photos. Later after 3 weeks, I have to record a video about this village and my life here and Taiwan. After 6pm, I am free to go but there is no transportation to get me to the town so I stay at home and watch some Chinese movies with English subtitles. If I am lucky, I can go on a trip to near places with Zhi Xiang :D

This is it. My everyday life here at Jiuchong Hu.

Does it sound bit boring? My weekdays? Yes, sure it is. That's why I wait my weekends so much><. Every weekend, I plan to go out and see Taiwan. I already had two great trips for the last two weeks with friends I met here. So, just wait. It won't be long.  



No comments:

Post a Comment